Wednesday, August 5, 2015

This morning I took a drive up into the mountains to the county seat of Cabo Corrientes (the municipality that Yelapa is part of) to the town of el Tuito. I had to deal with some renewals of paperwork and some questions. I had put it off for a long time for fear of issues, big payments, and just general bureaucratic annoyances.
But as luck would have it, there was no wait, the paperwork took 10 minutes, the fee was absolutely reasonable, and all my questions were answered with answers I liked!

The offices for all of the permits, licenses and other clerical needs are just off a lovely little plaza. The town itself is small, but very pretty and temperate all year long. It reminds me of the colonial towns you find more in the interior parts of Mexico. Before running a business I really had never been there. But I am so glad to have spent more time there and hope to do so more often. Especially in this hot time of year!

After making short work of my errands I was able to go to (my now favorite) patio restaurant just off the Plaza for breakfast. Where I had cafe de la olla (cinnamon brewed the old fashion way), machaca (scrambled eggs with shredded beef), and one of my favorite things in this world, hand made tortillas.
A real treat that I hope to share with friends and guests soon!

All that and back home by mid-day...success!

No comments:

Post a Comment